Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cauliflower Soup

I made this recipe right after discovering Produce Junction. Mmm, inexpensive veggies.

Cauliflower Soup

Comments & Modifications:
  • Cauliflower can be finnicky, so I only used half a head since I wasn't sure whether we would like the soup.
  • I didn't put in nearly as much milk as was called for, and it was fine. I like thick soup, it says on my spoon better.
  • A dash each of garlic powder and onion powder was fine; doing it the real way might taste better, but laziness is nice too.
  • No butter! It didn't really need it, either.
  • Also, no toast. Maybe the toast would have been nice, though.

Verdict: This was good, with a nice creamy-salty-sweet thing going. The cauliflower flavor really goes with the parmesan. It was a bit more work than I like for something that won't be enough for a full meal, but it would be fun to make for a first course for company.

No comments: