- 2 cups butter, melted
- 3/4 c whole milk or half and half
- 1 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1 Tb (or more) poultry seasoning
- 2 Tb finely chopped parsley
- 18 cups white bread in 1/2 inch cubes, without crusts, from about 33 ounces of bread
- 3 cups chestnuts, chopped
Combine butter, milk, celery salt, poultry seasoning, and parsley. Place two thirds of bread cubes and chestnuts in a large bowl. Drizzle butter mixture over bread cubes while gently mixing with hands. Add remaining bread cubes and continue to mix gently. Taste and add additional spices as needed.
Place stuffing mixture in a 9x13 casserole dish. Bake.