Curried Pork with Apples
Comments & Modifications:
- The whole structure of this recipe kind of confused me. I thought that you're supposed to cook pork until it's just barely done, but the instructions have it in the pan for like 35 min. I think it would be better to add the pork and onion to the pan at the same time to speed up the cooking process.
- I couldn't taste the apples much in the end, and wished there were more. Also, I think it would probably help to add the apples later in the cooking process so they don't get so mushy.
- At the end, instead of adding the chicken stock and covering the pan, I left it uncovered and reduced the liquid to a thicker sauce. To reduce cooking time further, I'd probably add only 1 1/2 cups of stock so it doesn't have to boil down as much.
- I used 2 tsp of curry powder, and it really could have used a bit more.
- My bouillon is a bit salty so I waited until the end to adjust salt levels. It needed just a tiny bit more.
Verdict: With the modifications above, this is another winner. Dan even liked this and he's really sensitive to pork that's been overcooked. We'll definitely be making this again!