Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sweet Potato and Sausage Soup

I bought an immersion blender!! I broke it in on this recipe.

Sweet Potato and Sausage Soup

Comments & Modifications:
  • I used kielbasa, because it was in the freezer and because I like it.
  • It's important to brown the kielbasa in the same pot that you make the soup in, because the yummy brown stuff really contributes to the tasty flavor.
  • Obviously I used my blender instead of a potato masher. The blender doesn't do "chunky" very well, so I went ahead and pureed the potatoes entirely.

Verdict: This is really, really good. When I gave some to a coworker, she immediately went online and purchased her own immersion blender just so she could make this soup! It's not that bad for you either, although using turkey kielbasa or something a bit lower fat would probably help. I'm not a huge fan of spinach, but despite that I'll definitely be making this soup again.

No comments: