Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

Dan really likes to take muffins to school with him for breakfast. He's not naturally a breakfast eater, and the muffins go down more easily than most other portable options. I've been making muffins from a mix, but decided to try something homemade this week.

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

Comments & Modifications:
  • Not much to say here, since it's not wise to mess around too much with baked goods.
  • I had a huge lemon. It was fine.

Verdict: When I talked to Dan after he tried his muffins on Monday morning, he said they were tough and overdone. I was surprised, since I took them out of the oven when the tops were still nice and pale. Come Saturday I decided to try one of the leftovers, and it wasn't overdone at all! Turns out Dan doesn't like the dense type of muffin; he prefers the tender cake-like muffins. Guess I'll be looking for some more recipes.

No comments: