- 2 small eggplants
- olive oil
- 3 medium sized zucchinis
- 2 shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 18 to 20 oz fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 T tarragon, chopped
- 1 T parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp fine sugar
- salt and pepper
- Chop eggplant in small cubes. Place in colander and sprinkle liberally with salt. Leave to drain at least 30 minutes.
- Chop all zucchini in small cubes.
- Chop the garlic and shallots thinly.
- Dice peppers.
- Heat 2 T olive oil in a dutch oven.
- Add the zucchinis and eggplants and cook for 5 mins until softer. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Heat 2 more T olive oil and then add the garlic, peppers and shallots. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until softer.
- Add the tomatoes and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes before adding the zucchinis and eggplants again.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped herbs, the bay leaf, and the sugar, and cook uncovered on low heat for 1 hour.
I look forward to trying this. Thanks Kimberly!