Monday, November 24, 2008

Oven-Fried Tilapia

Another week, another attempt to enjoy tilapia. This time I decided to go for something a bit more traditional, since the parm thing didn't really work out. A recipe for crunchy oven-fried tilapia seemed just the thing.

Oven-Fried Tilapia

Comments & Modifications:
  • I didn't really measure this time either.
  • I hate throwing away egg parts, so I used one whole egg instead of two egg whites.
  • The idea of crunchy fish sticks appealed to me, so instead of dipping the whole fillet, I first cut it into strips.
  • I sprayed the fish sticks with a bit of olive oil cooking spray before sticking them in the oven, to give them a little moisture.

Verdict: This was much better than the parmesan-crusted stuff, but it still didn't completely disguise the taste of the fish. The cornmeal provided some nice crunch and lots of flavor, and for someone who actually likes fish I can see this dish being appealing. I, however, ate my fish sticks with lots of ketchup.

No comments: