Sunday, November 9, 2008

Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup

I've never been able to make a broccoli cheese soup that meets my standards, so I had high hopes for this one. Also, I learned from making this soup that I love gruyere.

Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup

Comments & Modifications:
  • I used fresh broccoli rather than frozen, and eyeballed how much. I probably used more than was called for, but since it's broccoli, who cares?
  • I used the gruyere, jarlsberg, and cheddar that the recipe says.
  • I found that 3 cups of shredded cheese turned into very little cheese in that much soup, so we put more in. Of course, I wasn't measuring the cheese either so I could have been guessing wrong.

Verdict: Despite all the cheese, this soup really didn't taste that cheesy. I added a bit of flour to try to thicken it up, but it could have used more. Also, the cheese kind of gummed onto the broccoli and didn't taste like much. Guess I better keep searching for the perfect broccoli cheese soup recipe.

No comments: