Monday, November 24, 2008

Tilapia with Parmesan Crust

Dan and I have been trying to eat more fish lately, at least once a week. To that end I picked up a bag of frozen tilapia fillets from Wegman's the other day, since I've heard that tilapia is one of the least fishy-tasting fishes.

Even so, when it came time to cook it, I looked for a recipe that would drown the fishiness with other flavors as much as possible. Plus, cheese makes everything better, right?

Tilapia with Parmesan Crust

Comments & Modifications:
  • I followed the ingredients list, more or less, but didn't really measure anything. I did cut back a bit on the butter and mayo in relation to the parmesan, in an attempt to cut the fat and calories a bit.
  • The parmesan mixture was too thick to spread very well over the fish fillets. It took a while to get it relatively evenly covered.
  • It wasn't much of a crust. More of a parmesan glob.

Verdict: I wasn't impressed. Parmesan and tilapia don't really go together at all, in my opinion. I won't be trying this again.

No comments: