via Smitten Kitchen
- 1 c canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, or spice mixture with proportions equivalent to recipe from pumpkin pie recipe on back of can
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line 12 muffin cups.
- Whisk together pumpkin, eggs, sugar, and oil until smooth, then whisk in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, then sprinkle tops with cinnamon. Bake until puffed and golden brown, and wooden pick or skewer inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack five minutes, then transfer muffins from pan to rack and cool to warm or room temperature.
Comments & Modifications:
Verdict: I hope Dan doesn't get tired of these, because I could see them coming around a lot.