Curry Cauliflower Soup with Honey
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 onions, sliced thick
- 2 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 c chicken stock
- 2 c water
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spread cauliflower florets on a baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast until florets are browned, about 25-30 minutes.
- In a medium stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until they turn brown. Stir in curry powder and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add chicken stock, water and cauliflower. Cover and bring to boil and then simmer until cauliflower is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Puree the soup with a stand or immersion blender until smooth. Return to pot if using a stand blender, reheat if necessary. Add cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowl with a drizzle of honey.
Comments & Modifications:
- I cut back on the cayenne pepper because I'm really sensitive to it for some reason.
Verdict: This was good, but somehow it got a little tiresome on the palate after a decent-sized bowl. I'm slowly learning that cauliflower generally doesn't reheat well. Maybe some homemade croutons would help? I may try this again sometime with some modifications, if I can think of any.